#GODLYparents do whatever they need to do to keep their kids active in a Godly church youth group. Why is is so important to have our children in a Godly youth group? Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Have you ever considered what your children are being taught, and by whom? Sure, we like to focus and pick on evolution. The myth of evolution is certainly dangerous enough. However, there is another pair of dangers. The dangers imposed on our children by the sodomite community and the dangers imposed on our children by the hyper-sexual community. Both of these groups are very dangerous. Let’s take a moment to consider what children are being taught in the schools. For each grade level, there are specific goals which the child must accomplish. No, these are not goals for how well he should read or what level she should comprehend mathematics. They are goals for what the children should know about sexuality. Consider the standards for each grade-level which have been established by government. These standards are based on the “National Sexuality Education Standard for Grages K-12 By the end of second grade:
- Identify different kinds of family structures
- Demonstrate ways to show respect for different types of families
In grades 3-5
- Describe male and female reproductive systems including body parts and their functions
- Define sexual orientation as teh romantic attraction of an individual to someone of the same gender or a different gender
- Demonstrate ways to treat others with dignity and respect
- Describe the process of human reproduction
- Define HIV, methods of transmission and ways to prevent transmission
By the end of the 8th grade
- Identify accurate and credible sources of sexual and reproductive health, such as Planned Parenthood
- The student should be able to differentiate between gender identity, gender express and sexual orientation as well as explain the range of gender roles.
- Define sexual intercourse
- Explain the health benefits, risks and effectiveness of various methods of contraception including abstinence and condoms
- Define emergency contraception and its use
- Describe the signs and symptoms of a pregnancy
- Identify prenatal practices that can contribute to a healthy pregnancy
- Define STD’s, how they are and are not transmitted
- Compare and contrast behaviors to determine the potential risk of STD transmission from each
We are not even going to talk about high school.
On top of the ungodly influence of the formal curriculum, kids are surrounded by the ungodly influences of the kids around them. Children, and even teens, are not yet equipped to determine what is truthful and what is not. They are easily influenced and easily molded. Molded into what? Remember, God instructs us in Proverbs to train a child when he is young, then when he is old he will not depart from it. Why do you suppose the LGBT crowd is so interested in teaching your children the homosexual lifestyle is okay? They are RECRUITING. If your child is in a public school, they are being taught by the authorities YOU ENDORSED that sodomy is an acceptable lifestyle.
So, what is a #GODLYparent to do? We believe in homeschooling our children, but we understand that may not be an option for everyone. At the very least, every child needs to be in a good, Godly youth group. This is a child’s only hope. Three hours of church will not begin to undo the damage done in the public schools, but it may plant a seed. Your child needs every bit of help he or she can get.
#GODLYparents teach their children that knowledge is valuable, but Godly wisdom is priceless.
As children grow out of their diapers, good parents are already beginning the process of educating their children. Small tidbits of knowledge and ability are being added to the young child’s being on a daily basis. Still, there is something missing. A child may be a very smart child. A child has a near limitless ability to learn. But a child is lacking. We understand that a child is immature, but what makes maturity? Wisdom. We consider wisdom and foolishness to be opposites. When we look to the Bible, where is the typical place we see foolishness?
Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child. Children are born with it. Of course, this verse goes on to detail that the rod of correction will drive foolishness far from the child, but this is a process which takes time. The point is that the foolishness must be driven away from the child and replaced with something – we must replace the foolishness with wisdom.
Psalms 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
The fear of the Lord is just the beginning! Wisdom is something which must be developed over time. The child must grow, mature and learn. Ultimately, the child will become the sum of his experiences and training. Everyone the child will come in contact with will become a part of who the child is. Everyone the child learns from will influence who the child will become. Every experience the child encounters will become a part of who that child is. It is our responsibility, as parents to make sure that the adult we put together is the sum of Godly, wise, intelligent, reasonable, thoughtful individuals who fear God.
Proverbs 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
When the child is wise, as a result of a thoughtful, God-centered upbringing, he will understand the immensely valuable resource he has been given. Will your child be wise?